Digital Video Editor/Storyteller
Our Digital Video team is hiring a lead video editor to produce daily and long form content for all digital platforms. As master storyteller for the LA Clippers, in collaboration with Director of Production and Director of Photography, you will be lead editor for long-form story-telling projects throughout the season.
Digital Video Editor is a full-time job based out of our DTLA office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle the edits for multiple concurrent projects
- Stay up to date on current industry trends to make our edits more efficient
- Craft efficient post-production workflows
- Work with designers to build a consistent graphics package (lowers, intros, outros)
- Ability to design or outsource animations/graphics that will enhance the edit
- Occasional travel required
- Real passion for the NBA and Clippers organization
- Mastery of in non-linear editing in Adobe Suite & FCPX (certifications a plus)
- Proficient color corrector/grader
- Proficient manipulating/updating animations and graphics
- Extremely organized
- Mastery of media management and project organization
- Deep understanding of media files and codecs
- Ability to learn, contribute and flourish in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
- High-level experience behind the camera helpful
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
- Effective interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Led by Chairman Steve Ballmer, the LA Clippers in 2019-20 are competing in the franchise’s 50th season and 36th in Los Angeles. They recently extended a franchise record, completing their eighth consecutive winning season in 2018-19. The team has logged the NBA’s 5th-best record over the course of head coach Doc Rivers’ five-year tenure. The Clippers are committed to the city of Los Angeles and through the LA Clippers Foundation, provide resources and opportunities that make a positive difference toward leveling the playing field for youth in Southern California. Visit the Clippers online at www.clippers.com or follow them on social media @LAClippers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper’s desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.